Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This started out as a beefy soup but I didn't like the way the broth turned out so I just served the meat and veggies with a slotted spoon. It kind of gave me a taste of home. It's a lot like food I grew up with in Scotland. I drizzled HP sauce (available in the British section of most good grocery stores)on the top of mine.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 large carrots, sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped (more if you like onion)
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pour broth into crock pot. Brown ground beef and drain fat. Add all ingredients to crock pot and set on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Serve in a bowl with slotted spoon to drain the broth.