Recipe by bmcnichol
Adapted from Quick Cooking. A quick and easy crock pot meal.
Top Review by ~Srb~
I made this today & it is gone already! I cut back on the tomato paste & condensed soup, as we do not like "tomato-ey" stews. I also added some beef stock and later added some macaroni. I did pre-boil my carrots so that they would be more tender. I made seasoned meatballs with the ground beef and fried them a bit prior to mixing it all in the slow cooker. Delicious & easy. Thank you for posting.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) package baby carrots
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (6 ounce) can italian tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink and drain. Personally I keep frozen cooked hamburger in my freezer which makes this an even quicker recipe for me to put together.
- In a crock pot, combine potatoes, carrots, water, onion soup mix, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Stir in the cooked beef.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir in tomato soup and tomato paste.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour longer or until heated through.