Adapted from Quick Cooking. A quick and easy crock pot meal.
Make and share this Crock Pot Ground Beef Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) package baby carrots
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (6 ounce) can italian tomato paste
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink and drain. Personally I keep frozen cooked hamburger in my freezer which makes this an even quicker recipe for me to put together.
- In a crock pot, combine potatoes, carrots, water, onion soup mix, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Stir in the cooked beef.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir in tomato soup and tomato paste.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour longer or until heated through.
I made this today & it is gone already! I cut back on the tomato paste & condensed soup, as we do not like "tomato-ey" stews. I also added some beef stock and later added some macaroni. I did pre-boil my carrots so that they would be more tender. I made seasoned meatballs with the ground beef and fried them a bit prior to mixing it all in the slow cooker. Delicious & easy. Thank you for posting.
A great tasting, easy to make stew/soup. I replaced the tomato soup and paste with a good tomato sauce because I'm not a tomato soup fan. I cooked the first step for 4 1/2 hrs on high and the second for 2 1/4 hrs still on high. The potatoes were firm but well cooked and tender the carrots were still *quite* firm and I used small baby carrots cut in half. I think I'll pre-cook them a bit next time so they will be a bit more tender. DH loved the flavor. I made a 1/2 recipe and I would say that it made 4 servings even though DH and I aren't big portion eaters. If you have men with hearty appetites or teens allow for that. Thanks Bonette, I love your crock pot dishes :D.
Here I thought this was just going to be alright, something I'd not make again. Boy was I wrong, what a great twist on a can of tomato soup! This is an easy creamy tomato based stew which I'll be happy to make many more times! I made it on the stove top as I was in a hurry. I brought it to a boil then simmered for 20 minutes. Added soup and paste, heat for another 5 minutes and it's ready to serve. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game