Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a simple and tasty crock pot recipe that as a wife & mother who works outside the home, I have used frequently to the delight of my family.
- 2 large potatoes
- 3 medium carrots
- 3 medium onions
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can green peas
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can water
- Brown and drain beef.
- Peel and slice vegetables.
- Place layers of vegetables in crock pot in order given.
- Season each layer with salt and pepper.
- Then place cooked beef in pot.
- Mix soup with water and pour over all.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours (cook high 2-4 hours stirring occasionally).
MMMMMMMM YUMMY! Very easy (both to make and on your wallet) There is nothing better than walking in the door after work knowing that dinner is already done! Thanks!
Good stuff! I added some garlic and minced onion to the ground beef - and served it all on rice - hubby approved! Although it was nice, I think I'll tweek a bit next time ... I plan to add a can of diced tomatoes, maybe some corn and/or carrots. Good idea to try to keep the ground beef in substantial sized 'chunks' - as it does break down as it cooks.
Excellent! You could smell it walking through the door and everyone wanted to know what it was. A keeper for sure! The only thing different I did was sub green beans for the peas, but that's just because I don't have any pea eaters here except for me. Served it with homemade bread and had a delightful meal! Thanks!