1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Greens and Chicken
6 hrs 10 mins
Red Apple Guy's Note:
A simple light meal in the slow cooker that is bold in taste. Mustard greens, especially, have a bold, peppery flavor. I like to use the pre-washed, packaged greens that have the long, thick stems removed and have been coarsely chopped. The dish is low in fat and low in net carbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3312.26 ml mustard greens or 340.19 g turnip greens or 340.19 g collard greens or 340.19 g spinach or 340.19 g kale
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 29.58 ml apple cider vinegar or 28.34 g apple cider vinegar
- 170.09 g water or 170.09 g chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 1Spray a 4 quart slow cooker crock with vegetable spray.
- 2Fill with greens that have been washed, destemmed and coarsely chopped or torn,
- 3Cut chicken breast halves in large pieces and lay on top of the greens.
- 4Add vinegar, water and seasonings.
- 5Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is 170F internally and greens are tender.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Greens and Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.4
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 153.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 24.0 g