Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A simple light meal in the slow cooker that is bold in taste. Mustard greens, especially, have a bold, peppery flavor. I like to use the pre-washed, packaged greens that have the long, thick stems removed and have been coarsely chopped. The dish is low in fat and low in net carbs.
- 3312.26 ml mustard greens or 340.19 g turnip greens or 340.19 g collard greens or 340.19 g spinach or 340.19 g kale
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 29.58 ml apple cider vinegar or 28.34 g apple cider vinegar
- 170.09 g water or 170.09 g chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- Spray a 4 quart slow cooker crock with vegetable spray.
- Fill with greens that have been washed, destemmed and coarsely chopped or torn,
- Cut chicken breast halves in large pieces and lay on top of the greens.
- Add vinegar, water and seasonings.
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is 170F internally and greens are tender.