A simple light meal in the slow cooker that is bold in taste. Mustard greens, especially, have a bold, peppery flavor. I like to use the pre-washed, packaged greens that have the long, thick stems removed and have been coarsely chopped. The dish is low in fat and low in net carbs.
- 14 cups mustard greens or 12 ounces turnip greens or 12 ounces collard greens or 12 ounces spinach or 12 ounces kale
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or 1 ounce apple cider vinegar
- 6 ounces water or 6 ounces chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- Spray a 4 quart slow cooker crock with vegetable spray.
- Fill with greens that have been washed, destemmed and coarsely chopped or torn,
- Cut chicken breast halves in large pieces and lay on top of the greens.
- Add vinegar, water and seasonings.
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is 170F internally and greens are tender.