Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I got this recipe from the "Recipexchange," originally submitted by Brian Fisher. It looks really good! I think you could "doctor" it up a bit with a little heat--toss in a few peppers!
- Place roast in crock pot.
- Pour green chili salsa over it.
- Add cilantro.
- Place lid on crock pot and cook on low 7-9 hours.
- Shred meat and stir into sauce.
- Use in burritos, or on nachos.
- Serve with sour cream, cheese, guacamole.
I used a chuck roast and a hot green chile salsa that is locally made (a little hotter than most store brands). I added the cilantro to the roast about 30 minutes before the roast was done. This roast was moist, tender, and had a good spicy bite. The cilantro gave the dish an added punch, so if you like cilantro, be sure to use it. Thanks so much for sharing this simple, but mighty tasty recipe.
I've made this 4 times now - and haven't yet reviewed it! It's awesome - it works whenever and wherever I serve it - normally with sour cream, cheese, tomatoes, and lo carb wraps. SOOO easy to put together and makes great left overs too!