Recipe by gojenni714
This is great for a cold day. Sometimes I like to add a little tequila to the crockpot and let the pork cook in it. Delicious!
Top Review by Virginia Chandler
Yummy!!!!!!! We love mexican flavor food and I am always looking for new recipes and am so glad I found this one!!!!This was a delicious dish!!! I used thick pork loin chops and did not cube them, I left them whole and they were tender and tasty!!!! Thanks for posting!!!!!!
- 3 lbs boneless pork, cubed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown pork cubes in oil.
- Add onions and cook until they are tender.
- Place pork and onions in crockpot, and add remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low until pork is tender, about 8 hours.
- With a large spoon, stir the mix, breaking the pork into large shreds by pressing the meat cubes against the side of the crockpot.