Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is very good as a burrito and taco filling. You can also use this filling for other things if you like.
- 2 lbs rump roast
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (minced) or 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, as much as you like (minced)
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Layer ingredients, meat first, in crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Do not stir for first 5 hours.
- Shred meat after 7 hours.
- Serve on flour or corn tortillas.
- Top with sour cream, if desired.
While a little mild for my tastes, this was great for house guests with less adventuresome palates. Interesting blends of flavors, and a nice change for those who normally only eat ground beef.