Prep 45 mins
Cook 8 hrs
My own personal Green Chile Recipe. Very delicious, just the right amount of spice, and hearty. This recipe creates a stew-like Chile that can be served in a bowl with a tortilla or smothered onto your favorite burrito. This recipe is always best with fresh roasted chiles, but seasons can cause issues with that. I buy 2 bushels in late summer, peel/dice and freeze in quart bags. I also recommend finely mincing all the veggies, I use a slap-chop to get mine extra small. Large chucks take a lot of space on a spoon, the small pieces allow greater variety in each bite.
- 1 quart green chili pepper (diced)
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 4 -5 medium potatoes (finely chopped)
- 3 -5 medium tomatillos
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 48 ounces chicken broth
- 2 -3 jalapenos
- 1 white onion
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 tablespoons flour
- Clean and peel all the vegetables.
- Chop and dice vegetables to taste. I find the smaller (minced) the pieces the better.
- Brown the ground Pork.
- Add all spices in a bowl and mix.
- Combine all Ingredients in a 6qt crock pot.
- Cook for 6-8 hours.