Recipe by smilyus
This is a low-fat version using a crock pot
Top Review by juniperwoman
This was very good. I made some changes, which will look like a lot listed here, but they really were quick and easy and highly recommended!
I used regular cream of mushroom soup since that's all I had on hand, drained the green beans and mushrooms, seasoned the green beans with garlic powder and pepper since other reviewers called the recipe "bland", replaced the onion with french-fried onion (half a can into the green beans, and half a can added on top at the very end) and added extra seasoning to the sauce blend.
I will definitely plan to make this recipe again on future Thanksgivings--it frees up valuable oven space!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can French style green beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cut green beans
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushroom pieces
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine canned green beans with 1 can of mushrooms and onion slices. Place in crock pot sprayed with cooking spray.
- Mix cream of mushroom soup, fat free milk, worcestershire sauce, black pepper and other can of mushrooms in separate bowl.
- Cover green beans with sauce. Do not stir.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.