Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a low-fat version using a crock pot
Make and share this Crock Pot Green Bean Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can French style green beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cut green beans
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushroom pieces
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small onion
- Combine canned green beans with 1 can of mushrooms and onion slices. Place in crock pot sprayed with cooking spray.
- Mix cream of mushroom soup, fat free milk, worcestershire sauce, black pepper and other can of mushrooms in separate bowl.
- Cover green beans with sauce. Do not stir.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
This was very good. I made some changes, which will look like a lot listed here, but they really were quick and easy and highly recommended!
I used regular cream of mushroom soup since that's all I had on hand, drained the green beans and mushrooms, seasoned the green beans with garlic powder and pepper since other reviewers called the recipe "bland", replaced the onion with french-fried onion (half a can into the green beans, and half a can added on top at the very end) and added extra seasoning to the sauce blend.
I will definitely plan to make this recipe again on future Thanksgivings--it frees up valuable oven space!
this turned out amazingly well! Followed ALMOST exactly as written...except I ended up using whole milk instead, cut the worcestershire to 1/2 tsp with a 1/2 tsp of soy sauce as well. I used a small can of French's fried onions as opposed to a fresh onion and I LOVED it! So easy and yummy!
I am going to throw this together myself for a gathering. Using 6 cans drained french style green beans. Can of cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, little sour cream at the last, spices as noted with addition like garlic powder, package of dried onion soup and when going out the door with the crock I ll add some grated colby cheese and some homemade croutons from old bread I have. I ll let you know how it turns out.