Recipe by Deb Wolf
This really tastes like restaurant greek chicken we get here in the Chicago area. Moist chicken, lots of flavorful sauce. Start with frozen chicken breasts and a few ingredients you have in your pantry, end up with lots of compliments. No browning the chicken, just plop it in, set it and go.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen*
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated (optional)
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided use (or 1 cup same amount of water and 4 tsp. chicken bouillon powder)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (bottled is fine)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray crock pot with non-stick.
- Combine lemon rind, 1/2 cup broth (or 1/2 cup water and 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder), garlic and lemon juice. Pour into pot.
- Sprinkle both sides of each frozen breast with seasonings, add to pot.
- Cover and cook on low 6 - 8 hours.
- Remove chicken to plate and keep warm.
- Pour liquid from pot into small sauce pan. Combine corn starch with remaining 1/2 cup broth (or remaining 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder and 1/2 cup water); add to sauce pan.
- Heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to boil and sauce thickens.
- Serve chicken with rice cooked in chicken broth instead of water and top with the sauce.
- * You can cook as few as 2 breasts with the same quantity of other ingredients.