Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This really tastes like restaurant greek chicken we get here in the Chicago area. Moist chicken, lots of flavorful sauce. Start with frozen chicken breasts and a few ingredients you have in your pantry, end up with lots of compliments. No browning the chicken, just plop it in, set it and go.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen*
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated (optional)
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided use (or 1 cup same amount of water and 4 tsp. chicken bouillon powder)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (bottled is fine)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Spray crock pot with non-stick.
- Combine lemon rind, 1/2 cup broth (or 1/2 cup water and 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder), garlic and lemon juice. Pour into pot.
- Sprinkle both sides of each frozen breast with seasonings, add to pot.
- Cover and cook on low 6 - 8 hours.
- Remove chicken to plate and keep warm.
- Pour liquid from pot into small sauce pan. Combine corn starch with remaining 1/2 cup broth (or remaining 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder and 1/2 cup water); add to sauce pan.
- Heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to boil and sauce thickens.
- Serve chicken with rice cooked in chicken broth instead of water and top with the sauce.
- * You can cook as few as 2 breasts with the same quantity of other ingredients.
Super easy and delicious !
Really great! I cooked it for 5 hours on low, then set it on high for the last 40 minutes to speed it along. Cooked beautifully, wonderful seasoning, and would definitely make again. This was also the first time I'd ever cooked chicken from frozen in my crock pot, and much to my surprise, it turned out just fine!
I really enjoyed this! I did use a whole cut up bone in chicken rather than boneless skinless, and I'm glad I did. Had I used boneless, they would have completely fallen apart after the long cooking time, but probably still would have tasted fabulous. I left out the lemon rind as I didn't have any. Will make this next time with a fresh lemon so I'll have the rind and the juice. Served this with brown rice cooked in chicken broth and green beans sauteed in lemon juice with oregano and seasoned salt. I did have to add more corn starch to this to get it to thicken at the end, but may have been because of my choice of chicken pieces.