1/1 Photo of Crock Pot - Great Beef, Great Beans, Great Dip! Longmeadow Farm
4 hrs 15 mins
Andi of Longmeadow Farm's Note:
Beans do not grow on the farm. Lima beans do, but alas no Great Beans, kidney beans, or pinto beans. This occurred to me this day and this moment after spending a heated afternoon pulling lima beans from the long 7 foot vines. Here it is, late September in the year 2007 and we have enough beans to supply the lima bean population for the next two years. This recipe is NOT about lima beans though. We do however; have tomatoes. But this isn't a recipe about tomatoes either, sure--feel free to chuck a tomato into this dip, but certainly not a necessity. How much fun can you envision when throwing this together first thing on a Saturday or Sunday morning and enjoy relaxing at night during a cool spell and sit by your honey, your dog, your cat, your hamster, your ant house. Just pick up some old bread and make bread sticks if you have to, or those old tortilla chips sitting right there in back of your snack cupboard. Add pinto beans if you want, you can even add lima beans to the dip if you are so inclined. Just feast, just feel the moment, just enjoy the art of eating. Relish the moment like you've never relished it before.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 slices bacon, crisp cooked crumbled (may sub turkey bacon)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (seeded and deveined) (optional)
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 medium tomato, fresh (optional)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- tortilla chips
- pita bread
- hearty cracker
- 1Brown ground beef in skillet, breaking up meat. Drain fat transfer to slow cooker.
- 2Add rest of ingredients in a no particular order but make sure you get them all stuffed into crock pot, and mix well.
- 3Cover; cook for 4 hours low, 2 hours on high.
- 4Top with all the wonderful toppings.
- 5Scoop with variety of scoopers.
- 6I personally add way more spice to mine, but you do what suits you!
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot - Great Beef, Great Beans, Great Dip! Longmeadow Farm
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.4
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.8 mg
- Sodium 513.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 16.3 g