1/4 Photos of Crock Pot Goya (Bitter Melon)-Pork & Handama Wraps
8 hrs 15 mins
The entrée for an original meal I created that combines Tex-Mex and Okinawan influences which consisted of crock pot Goya-Pork & Handama (nicknamed Okinawan spinach) Wraps with Speckled Golden Rice and Refried Beans...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pork roast
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 bitter melon, gutted and diced (goya)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried dried basil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- flour tortilla
- okinawan spinach leaves (handama)
- 1Place pork on bottom of crock pot.
- 2Top with tomatoes, goya, onion, parsley, basil, cumin, cayenne, white pepper, soy sauce, garlic, tomato paste, bay leaf, and tomato sauce.
- 3Cover and cook on high for 6 - 8 hours.
- 4Strain about 2 tablespoons of goya-pork mixture with slotted spoon per tortilla (make sure to press out as much liquid as possible).
- 5Place on tortilla, top with 3 or 4 handama leaves, and roll.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Goya (Bitter Melon)-Pork & Handama Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.2
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 47.6 mg
- Sodium 503.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: