Cook1 hr 30 mins
Seems like everyone in the Midwest has a recipe for goulash that has nothing to do with the Hungarian kind. This was my mom's recipe, which I adapted for the crock pot after living in a apartment with an unruly oven that would set off the smoke alarm no matter how often I cleaned it. This is a very simple recipe, but it's my brother's favorite meal in the world (thus I make it for him every Christmas Eve). Good with garlic-cheese bread.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Brown meat. Drain.
- Combine meat, pasta, spaghetti sauce, onion powder and mushrooms(if using) in crock pot. Mix well.
- Cover. Cook on High for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to Low for 30 minutes.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.