Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
wonderful chicken dish that is oh so much more than a regular crock pot chicken affair. The chicken melts it is so tender and the Gorgonzola adds that extra special ingredient that turns this into a keeper for many-an-occasion, try it, it's to die for... I served with rice and a green salad and it was so nice it would easily perform as a dish for guests!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mushroom soup (if your crock pot cooks slow, like mine you may want to add only half of this) or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth (if your crock pot cooks slow, like mine you may want to add only half of this)
- pepper, does not need extra salt
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 slices bacon, chopped (or pancetta)
- 6 slices gorgonzola
- add onion, then chicken & bacon to crock, cover with soup/broth, layer slices of Gorgonzola on top.
- Crock on high for first 4/5 hours and then low to keep warm.