Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
wonderful chicken dish that is oh so much more than a regular crock pot chicken affair. The chicken melts it is so tender and the Gorgonzola adds that extra special ingredient that turns this into a keeper for many-an-occasion, try it, it's to die for... I served with rice and a green salad and it was so nice it would easily perform as a dish for guests!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mushroom soup (if your crock pot cooks slow, like mine you may want to add only half of this) or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth (if your crock pot cooks slow, like mine you may want to add only half of this)
- pepper, does not need extra salt
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 slices bacon, chopped (or pancetta)
- 6 slices gorgonzola
- add onion, then chicken & bacon to crock, cover with soup/broth, layer slices of Gorgonzola on top.
- Crock on high for first 4/5 hours and then low to keep warm.
Very definitely delicious! Everyone quite liked it, which is an accomplishment with a family of 5! Chopped and fried the onions first, and put half the bacon under the chicken to flavour the onions too. Want to try it next time with Monterrey Jack, though I did love the Gorgonzola.
This was great! We served with sweet potatoes and orzo. So delicious!