1/2 Photos of Crock Pot Golden Chicken Curry
6 hrs 30 mins
My version of an island favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium potatoes (quartered and sliced)
- 1 large carrot (quartered and sliced)
- 2 skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite size chunks)
- 1 large bell pepper (julienned, or 150 grams frozen julienned bell peppers for added color)
- 1 medium onion (coarsely diced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic paste
- 3 tablespoons spicy curry powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups bouillon
- 1Place potatoes, carrot, chicken, and bell pepper in bottom of crock pot.
- 2In a large saucepan on medium heat, sauté onion in olive oil and margarine until translucent.
- 3Then stir in garlic paste, curry powder, turmeric, white pepper, ginger, cinnamon, and salt.
- 4Next, gradually add flour mixing thoroughly into a pasty consistency.
- 5Finally, slowly pour in chicken broth, thoroughly diluting the flour mixture. Make sure there are no lumps.
- 6Last, pour broth mixture over the ingredients in the crockpot.
- 7Cover and cook on high for 6 – 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 8Serve over hot rice accompanied by sour and/or sweet pickled condiments.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Golden Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.2
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 50.3 mg
- Sodium 676.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 24.8 g