6 hrs 15 mins
Another way to use an over abundance of squash in your garden.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs banana squash, peeled and chopped 1 pieces 1 leek, cleaned and cut into 1/2 pieces
- 1 green apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 orange, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- hot sauce (optional)
- chives (to garnish)
- 1Combine squash, leek, apple, orange, broth, salt, pepper and thyme in slow cooker.
- 2Cover and cook on low about 6 hours or until veggies are tender. Puree soup mixture, in batches, in a blender or food processor.
- 3Add hot sauce if desired.
- 4Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with chopped chives.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Gold and Green Banana Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 49.8
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 548.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: