Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Another way to use an over abundance of squash in your garden.
Make and share this Crock Pot Gold and Green Banana Squash Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs banana squash, peeled and chopped 1 pieces 1 leek, cleaned and cut into 1/2 pieces
- 1 green apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 orange, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- hot sauce (optional)
- chives (to garnish)
- Combine squash, leek, apple, orange, broth, salt, pepper and thyme in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low about 6 hours or until veggies are tender. Puree soup mixture, in batches, in a blender or food processor.
- Add hot sauce if desired.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with chopped chives.