This recipe was found on the web, posted by Stephan Block. It was a requested recipe.
Make and share this Crock Pot Goetta recipe from Food.com.
- Place water, oats, salt and pepper into the crock pot and mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour, stirring 2 or 3 times.
- Add meats and break up well.
- Add onion, sage, thyme and bay.
- cook for 4 hours on low, stirring now and again.
- Uncover and add cornmeal-stir well.
- Cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Turn out into 3 loaf pans, cool and chill in fridge.
- When set turn out and freeze what you want.
- Slice and fry in a little butter or oil until brown and crusty, but dont let them touch in the pan or they will run.