1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Gluten Free Moroccan Goat Stew
Tasty goat stew. I have also made it with half goat and half lamb. Freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 shallots, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 lbs goat meat or 2 lbs lamb stew meat, chunked
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, chunked
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 ounces dried apricots, chopped
- 1 quart chicken soup (pho)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1Coat meat with well mixed spice mixture.
- 2melt butter in skillet, cook onion, garlic and shallots until soft and transparent.
- 3take half of onion mixure and half of meat and brown until edges are crispy over med high.
- 4repeat with remaining meat and onion mixture.
- 5place in crock pot while cooking the other half of meat and onion mixture.
- 6place meat, tomatoes, cinnamon, apricots and pho in crock pot and cook on high until the meat is fork tender and falling off the bone.
- 7after the meat is tender remove the cover, add the pre-cooked brown rice and cook for one half hour more to thicken.
- 8top the stew with roasted squash and greens.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Gluten Free Moroccan Goat Stew
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.1
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 72.2 mg
- Sodium 714.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 26.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: