Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe is posted as part of a challenge during ZWT8 for France Region. I used Bayhill's recipe (Glazed Carrots (Carottes Vichy)) as the base for changing her dish to a crockpot dish. I did tweak a few ingredients while making this in the crockpot as I felt the brown sugar would work better than granulated and added cinnamon as it reminds me of another recipe I have posted on Zaar.
- 1 lb carrot, cut on angle into 1-2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter (do not use margarine it will be too watery)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place all ingredients into a lightly sprayed 2 quart slow cooker; stir together.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Stir together one more time and then turn heat down to low and cook for an additional 2 1/2 - 3 hours (till done to the crispness you prefer is reached).
These were delicious. I like the addition of cinnamon. I made these for the "recipes without photos tag game for March."