Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This easy to make yet delicious pudding is a great send off for leftover bread. Try making it with whole wheat bread for a slightly crunchy and delightfully different result. Serve steaming hot with plenty of whipped cream flavored with vanilla.
Lightly greased slow cooker stoneware
- 6 slices whole wheat bread or 6 slices white bread
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped candied ginger
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla or 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- Spread bread with butter and marmalade, then cut into 1-inch squares and place in slow cooker stoneware. Add candied ginger.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with vanilla and brown sugar. Blend in milk. Pour mixture over bread and toss to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours, until pudding is set and edges are browning. Serve hot. Serves 6.
- Delicious & Dependable Slow Cooker Recipes J. Finlayson.
A bread pudding that kept its promises: delicious and easy! I like that! I used challah (egg bread) for mine and Cointreau for the flavoring and substituted 8th Continent Vanilla Soy Milk for the milk. Also, for the last hour of cooking, I propped the lid of the crockpot on a spoon so the steam escaped and the pudding doesn't get soggy. Rave reviews at the potluck with numerous requests for the recipe. We have a winner! Thank you Olga for posting. A delightful change from the regular bread pudding with raisins!
Very delicious, and easy.