Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This was scrumptious. I found this recipe on Southernfood.about.com when I was searching for a chicken crock pot recipe.
- 4 -5 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 bunch green onion, with about 3 inches of green sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in the crock pot; cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve with rice or flat noodles.
This was easy to throw together and smelled delicious while cooking. I did add some green peppers, but I still found that it seemed to be lacking a bit in flavour. I think next time I may increase the ginger and the garlic. I served this with brown rice.
It was a very simple recipe and sounded good. Unfortunately it turned out very dry and the flavor was too subtle. My husband asked me not to make it again. Too bad, it was so easy.
Hi Star, I liked this I did cut the brown sugar to 2 tbsps. and instead of garlic powder I added 4 cloves , crushed, and a sprinkle of poutry seasoning, and a shot of tabasco. DH loved it. Great recipe Star and a keeper.