Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a cake-on-top, pudding-on-bottom dessert that would be perfect for the upcoming holiday season. It's best served warm, so making it in the crockpot frees the oven for the main attraction. It's awfully good with a scoop of vanilla ice cream added..... Recipe from BH&G. Standing time of 45 minutes is not figured into the timing.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 411.06 g package gingerbread mix
- 118.29 ml milk
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 532.32 ml water
- 177.44 ml packed brown sugar
- 177.44 ml butter (1-1/2 sticks)
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Lightly coat the inside of a 3-1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together the gingerbread mix and milk until moistened. Stir in raisins (batter will be thick). Spread gingerbread batter evenly in the bottom of the prepared cooker.
- In a medium saucepan combine water, brown sugar, and butter; bring to boiling. Carefully pour sugar mixture over batter in cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH heat for 2 hours (center may appear moist but will set up as it stands). Turn off cooker, or, if possible, remove liner from cooker. Let stand, uncovered,for 45 minutes before serving.
- To serve: spoon warm cake into dessert dishes. If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream.
Wonderful and very easy. I have had to have this recipe ready to hand out because whenever I serve it to someone new they request it. Thanks for sharing and adding to our family favourite list!
Absolutely delicious! This was very quick and easy for daughter #3 to throw together. I enjoyed it cold the next morning. I will have to buy a couple of gingerbread mixes to store for future whims, especially in the heat of the summer when I don't want to heat up the house.