Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I got this recipe from the Kikkoman site. Instead of grilling I put it in the CROCK POT. Talk about tender and FLAVORFUL! I also used a teaspoon of ground ginger. Ummm Ummm GOOD!
- 1⁄3 cup kikkoman marinade or 1⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 center-cut pork loin chops (I used boneless) or 4 pork chops, 3/4 inch thick trimmed of fat (I used boneless)
- Mix Kikkoman Teriyaki sauce, brown sugar and ginger together.
- Place chops in crock pot.
- Pour sauce over the chops.
- Cook on low for 7 hours.
- (edited d/t great reviews:).
We had this for dinner last week and really enjoyed it-I did add 3 cloves of minced garlic which for us is a must. Served with white rice and stir fried green beans with almonds. Thanks for posting!
I am sorry to say that these were very overcooked after 8 hours on low. I left them to go to work, and when I came home 8 hours later, the outer 3/4 of the chops was completely dried out. The inside of the chops, while still fairly dried out, did taste good. My son said it was like teriyaki beef jerky, which is a compliment! I would highly recommend changing the recommended cooking time from 8-10 hours to 6-7 hours. I will try this again at a much shorter time, because I can tell that the flavors are all there, its just the long cooking time that is off. Also there isn't enough marinade to cover the chops, so I may double it so they are completely submerged in the liquid.
Simple and delicious!