Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a really great recipe, simple and delicious! It can make more than 4 servings depending on how many pieces you can put in.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons gingerroot, peeled, cut into thin slices and smashed
- 8 chicken thighs, about
- Mix soy sauce, water, brown sugar and ginger and pour into a crock pot.
- Put in as many chicken thighs as can be covered with sauce.
- Cook 4 to 6 hours on low.
- I like to quickly crisp up the chicken under the broiler before serving.
I made this dish a couple of nights ago and finished off the leftovers last night. YUM-YUM. Very flavorful and so easy to make since these are ingredients I usually always have on hand. I used chicken thighs and breasts then doubled the sauce (we like a lot of sauce). Thanks you so much for sharing this wonderful dish! :-) I will be making it many times.
I made this last night. It made the house smell wonderful! The chicken was so deliciously tender and succulent. The soy sauce and ginger slow cooking gives it great flavor. To reduce calories from sugar I used a brown sugar substitute (calorie free).
I fix it the other day, decreasing sugar and increasing the sauce somewhat. Very easy to prepare and cook, and really excellent taste. Thanks for the recipe! Will vary it in future to include some veggies!