Prep 1 hr
Cook 9 hrs
This recipe is from Not You Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes for Entertaining. It's very easy and pretty good. I used a 3 1/2 quart crock pot.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 6 medium carrots
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
- white pepper
- Peel sweet potato and chop into pieces no larger than 1 inch. Peel the carrots and chop into pieces no larger 3/4 inches. Peel the onion and chop into 3/4 inch pieces.
- Use a vegetable peeler or paring knife to peel the ginger. Mince it finely.
- Place sweet potato, carrots, onion and ginger in crock pot and stir to combine.
- Add the broth.
- Cover and cook on low until vegetables are tender 9-11 hours.
- Turn the crock pot off and let cool for a few minutes, then puree in a blender in batches or use an immersion blender right in the crock.
- Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup, hot or cold garnished with a spoonful of yogurt.