Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I received this recipe from my mom. It's great for a cold, winter day. I like it served with warm bread.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, trimmed and diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 236.59 ml cabbage, chopped
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 946.36 ml beef broth
- 453.59 g potato, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml caraway seed
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 226.79 g bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- Combine ingredients, except bacon and sour cream.
- Cook on Low 8-10 hours or High 4-5 hours.
- Remove bay leaf, use potato masher to mash ingredients.
- Add bacon, sour cream; whisk and serve.