Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I received this recipe from my mom. It's great for a cold, winter day. I like it served with warm bread.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, trimmed and diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 lb potato, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Combine ingredients, except bacon and sour cream.
- Cook on Low 8-10 hours or High 4-5 hours.
- Remove bay leaf, use potato masher to mash ingredients.
- Add bacon, sour cream; whisk and serve.