Recipe by Lvs2Cook
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but it has become one of our favorites. You can cover any leftover potatoes and refrigerate or freeze. Reheat quickly in the microwave, adding a little milk for desired consistency.
Top Review by megs_
These were so easy! I loved that about this recipe for our Christmas Eve dinner. We really enjoyed them too! Only difference I would make is next time add a little butter the last 20 minutes or so of cooking to make them a little creamier but not quite as thick. The taste is terrific! Thanks so much for sharing!
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese with chives and onions (from an 8-ounce tub)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve or quarter potatoes as necessary to make similar size pieces.
- Place in a 4 to 6 quart crock pot.
- Add garlic, oil, salt and water; mix well to coat all potato pieces.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours or until potato pieces are tender.
- With a fork or potato masher, mash potatoes and garlic.
- Stir in cream cheese until well blended.
- Stir in enough milk for soft serving consistency.
- Serve immediately, or cover and hold in slow cooker on LOW setting for up to 2 hours.
- I have used a 3 ounce piece of cream cheese, cubed, in place of the tub of cream cheese and chives and onions.