Recipe by foxfyre
This is a nice simple way to prepare chicken in the crock pot, but it tastes like you put a lot of work into it!
Top Review by chefbcr
I did this recipe a little different and it turned out AMAZING!! First I seared the chicken in a pan on the stove to brown it up a bit (super hot pan...I only let it stay long enough to add color not cook through). I layered the bottom of the crock pot with thinly sliced onions and placed the browned chicken on top and seasoned with salt and pepper. I mixed softened butter with the garlic and added in paprika, ground mustard and italian seasoning (instead of just rosemary) and spread it over the top of the chicken. I poured about 1/4 cup of chicken broth into the spaces around the chicken for more moisture. It turned out so amazing when it was done I took the chicken out (carefully it started to fall apart) and put it aside and used the cooking liquid to flavor some rice! So making this many more times!!
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 14.79 ml rosemary
- parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter and garlic in microwave-safe bowl and heat until butter is soft; blend together.
- Roll chicken breasts in garlic-butter mixture and place in crock pot.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt, pepper, parsley and rosemary.
- Add broth to bowl with remaining garlic-butter, reheat if necessary to allow smooth blending, and add mixture to crock pot.
- Cook on low setting for 6 - 8 hours.
- Serving size is approximately half a chicken breast and a small amount of sauce.