Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
An easy way to make garlic mashed potatoes. I like to leave the skins on. I've found that a pastry blender works great for mashing potatoes; it seems even better than a masher.
- 2 lbs baking potatoes, cubed (or 1 lb baking potatoes and 1 lb red potatoes)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup milk
- Toss potatoes, water, butter, salt, pepper, and garlic and put them into the crock pot.
- Cook the potatoes (covered, of course) for 4 hours on high or 7 hours on low in the crock pot.
- Add milk and mash the potatoes.
These were wonderful ChrisMc. So easy to throw in the crockpot and forget about them. I used a potato masher and the potatoes came out very smooth and not lumpy. We all loved the garlic flavor. Thanks :)
I had to have a meal ready when my daughter got home from school so she had enough time to get ready for her dance recital. This was easy to get together in the morning. What made it more appealing is I was able to mash them right in the crockpot. Turned it to low to keep them warm while I sliced my roast and got it ready for my company. Served it with #32215.
Like some others, my potatoes turned brown too. This method didn't save me any time, and I ended up dumping out my batch for brown potatoes. I see other had success, but I don't think I'll try the crockpot method for potatoes again.