Recipe by ChrisMc
An easy way to make garlic mashed potatoes. I like to leave the skins on. I've found that a pastry blender works great for mashing potatoes; it seems even better than a masher.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
These were wonderful ChrisMc. So easy to throw in the crockpot and forget about them. I used a potato masher and the potatoes came out very smooth and not lumpy. We all loved the garlic flavor. Thanks :)
- 2 lbs baking potatoes, cubed (or 1 lb baking potatoes and 1 lb red potatoes)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup milk
- Toss potatoes, water, butter, salt, pepper, and garlic and put them into the crock pot.
- Cook the potatoes (covered, of course) for 4 hours on high or 7 hours on low in the crock pot.
- Add milk and mash the potatoes.