Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is to die for! Don't be shocked by the amount of garlic, it does work. I just wouldn't recommend any up-close-personal-contact for a couple days.... ;)
- Place 1 sprig thyme, rosemary, sage and parsley in chicken cavity.
- Place celery in crock pot.
- Put chicken on top of celery.
- Pour chicken stock around the chicken.
- Add garlic around chicken.
- Chop remaining herbs. Sprinkle herbs, salt and pepper over chicken.
- Cover cook on Low 8- 10 hours or on High 4- 6 hours.
- To serve, place chicken, garlic and celery on serving platter.
- Squeeze roasted garlic out of skins onto toasted French bread slices and spread with knife.
This was good. We tend to like stronger flavours in our house. I used boneless skinless chicken breasts and cooked it on high for four hours. It would probably be better with boneless skinless thighs if I make it again. We don't eat whole chicken and especially chicken with skin on. The serving suggestion for French bread was spot on and actually our favourite part of the meal. The garlic spread was flavourful. I will try this again with thighs. Thanks for posting.
This was intense! Came home to SUCH a fragrance of herbs and garlic. It was wonderful made with skinless thighs and breasts and was done in 5 hours on High.
I only give 5 stars to recipes that I'll be making again! This was really good! It's going to be a great winter dish. The only thing I did different was to use skinless chicken pieces.Left one with the skin on and added sauteed onions.I used my electric roaster,will use the crockpot next time,late start!Thanks for the wonderful recipe!