Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Not for wimps! If you can't taste the garlic, it ain't garlic mashed. The Blue cheese softens the bite, though. Using the crock pot means being able to spend time doing other things than cooking.
- Peel and mince the garlic, chop the onion slices fine. Place into a saute pan along with the butter.
- Saute over medium heat until the mixture is softened.
- While the onion and garlic are cooking, dice the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes into the crock pot along with the water.
- Put the softened garlic/onion mixture over the potatoes in the crock pot. Stir once.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
- Add the milk and mash the potatoes in the crock pot.
- As a final step, mix in the blue cheese and chives.