10 hrs 25 mins
I had 20 tomatoes hit all at once...and more onions than I can keep up with! I threw it into the crock pot because, to be honest I am tired of tomatoes and just want to get this into the freezer :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 medium vidalia onion, finely diced
- 6 cups tomatoes, peeled with seeds removed and chopped coarsely (about 20 med)
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup red wine
- 3 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- salt (optional)
- 1Peel and seed tomatoes. Chop coarsely and put into crock pot.
- 2Mince garlic and onion and set aside.
- 3Heat olive oil and cook until it just begins to lightly brown.
- 4Put onions and garlic in with the tomatoes in the crock pot.
- 5Put remaining ingredients into the crock pot and turn on low for 10-12 hours.
- 6Taste and adjust seasoning.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Garden Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.8
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 524.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: