Recipe by Tish
I had 20 tomatoes hit all at once...and more onions than I can keep up with! I threw it into the crock pot because, to be honest I am tired of tomatoes and just want to get this into the freezer :)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 medium vidalia onion, finely diced
- 6 cups tomatoes, peeled with seeds removed and chopped coarsely (about 20 med)
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup red wine
- 3 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and seed tomatoes. Chop coarsely and put into crock pot.
- Mince garlic and onion and set aside.
- Heat olive oil and cook until it just begins to lightly brown.
- Put onions and garlic in with the tomatoes in the crock pot.
- Put remaining ingredients into the crock pot and turn on low for 10-12 hours.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.