Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 hrs
For the simple ingredients, this dish has a lot of flavor. Serve with rice, couscous, or orzo.
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 8 ounces mixed dried fruit, be sure to get the large pieces, the small diced ones overcook
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place onion in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Place pork on onion; top with fruit. Mix remaining ingredients together in a separate bowl and pour over fruit, pork, and onion.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 7-9 hours or until pork is tender. Serve fruit mixture with pork.