Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
An easy appetizer with a tantalizing taste. Recipe from BH&G.
Top Review by duonyte
I had my doubts about those pineapple chunks, but after they'd cooked a while and absorbed the chipotle flavor - wowser! I used two pounds of meatballs, but kept the rest of the ingredients as listed, 2 chipotle chiles, and then added 1/2 cup chicken broth. This was very well received at a bridal shower. Just enough heat to make it interesting but still appealing to a broad audience. Update: I've made this many times, and no longer add any brown sugar. The pineapple and cranberry add enough sweetness.
- 1 (16 ounce) packageplain frozen fully-cooked meatballs, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 -2 canned chipotle chile, chopped