Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
An easy appetizer with a tantalizing taste. Recipe from BH&G.
Make and share this Crock Pot Frozen Meatballs Cranberry-Chipotle recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) packageplain frozen fully-cooked meatballs, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 -2 canned chipotle chile, chopped
- Place meatballs in the crock pot.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, mixing well. Pour over meatballs. Cook on LO heat 4-5 hours.
- Serve with toothpicks.
I had my doubts about those pineapple chunks, but after they'd cooked a while and absorbed the chipotle flavor - wowser! I used two pounds of meatballs, but kept the rest of the ingredients as listed, 2 chipotle chiles, and then added 1/2 cup chicken broth. This was very well received at a bridal shower. Just enough heat to make it interesting but still appealing to a broad audience. Update: I've made this many times, and no longer add any brown sugar. The pineapple and cranberry add enough sweetness.
I brought this to a party and everyone was intrigued by the subtle heat of the chipotles. Definitely a winner!
These meatballs are great! Everyone at my office loved them. I made a huge batch of them. The meatballs get even better the second day. If you use a 6lb bag of meatballs from Costco, you can alter the recipe. You will need 5 cans of cranberry jelly, 4 (20 oz.) cans of pineapple chunks, 1 1/2 cups brown sugar and 6 chipotle chilis.