18 hrs 30 mins
Mims & Squims's Note:
This simple recipe requires very little effort but results in perfect refried beans every time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sort & rinse beans. Place in crockpot, cover with water and soak 8 hours or overnight.
- 2Drain water from beans & rinse again. Remove water from the crockpot and rinse again.
- 3Place back in crock pot and add water & salt. Cover and cook on low 10 hours.
- 4Reserving liquid, drain beans & place in bowl.
- 5Heat oil in skillet & saute onions and garlic over medium heat until tender. Transfer to blender.
- 6Add chilies, cumin, and jalepenos, and blend until smooth.
- 7Add cooked beans (in batches---there's too much to do all at once) to blender and blend until smooth. Pour into crock pot.
- 8Stir well and gradually add reserved liquid until beans reach desired consistency.
- 9Cook on high 20-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Frijoles Refritos (Refried Beans)
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.1
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 202.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 8.6 g