Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This came from A Year Of Slow Cooking. I have not tried this, just posting for safe keeping.
- 18 chicken drumsticks (or however many will fit nicely into your crockpot, if frozen thaw the drumsticks)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour (I used Pamela's)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all the spices and the flour in a freezer bag or in a shallow dish. Dredge each chicken piece well, and plop into your crockpot. I used the shallow dish method, because we were out of freezer bags.
- When all the chicken is in the crock, pour 1/4 cup of melted butter over it.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or on low for 8-10 hours.
I tried this. It is not no fried chicken, I was very disappointed with the outcome. Smelled nice, but I will not waste my food on the recipe again so I hope that others have better luck