Recipe by tamibic
This time of year the corn is so good! This is very easy and tastes fantastic. Serve with green salad and crusty bread.
- 4 slices bacon, minced
- 1 medium onion
- 5 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled & diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 12 ears fresh corn, kernels removed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- salt & pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon over medium heat until browns and crisp.
- Remove and cook onion until translucent.
- Add bacon, onion, potatoes, chilies, corn and milk.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Pour 1/2 soup into blender and puree.
- Return to crock pot add cream and stir in the chives and seasonings to taste.