Top Review by Ivy Food Sleuth
This is a great way to cook the chokes. I would add that you need to sprinkle them good with lemon so they won't darken. Also water to cover. I add garlic to my sauce and use olive oil instead of butter. I adore artichokes! Including the stems which are delish when peeled.
- 2 large fresh artichokes
- 6 cups hot water
- 4 small lemons, sliced thin
LEMON BUTTER SAUCE
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- With sharp knife, slice about 1" off top of each.
- artichoke; cut off stem near base.
- With scissors, trim about 1/2" off top of each leaf.
- With sharp knife, halve each artichoke vertically; then scoop out and discard the fuzzy center of choke.
- Place artichoke halves in your crock pot; add hot water and lemon slices.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 4 to 5 hours or low for 8 to 10 hours or until done.
- Drain and serve with Lemon Butter Sauce, as below.
- LEMON BUTTER SAUCE----------------.
- Combine all ingredients.