- 6 onions (white, Vidalia, your choice)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans beef consomme
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (1 ounce) packageof dry french onion dip mix (use 2 if you like it REALLY oniony)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice or chop onions, then mix all of the above in a crock pot and set it for 8 hours.
- Or if you want to get fancy, serve it this way: add one slice of dry crusty french bread into each bowl and pour soup over the bread into the bowl. Cover with Gruyere or Jarlsberg Cheese and put under the broiler for about 2 minutes until cheese bubbles and gets a little brown.