Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
For the Zaar World Tour courtesy of my friend Susan who is a wonderful cook. Try only if you LOVE onions! Wonderful as a side dish.
- 3 medium onions, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups toasted croutons
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- Add first four ingredients to your crockpot.
- Cover and cook on High for 4-6 hours.
- Here comes the difference between most soups like this. Place a slice of cheese on the bottom of your bowl.
- Add the soup followed by your croutons.
- As you stir your soup all that good cheese gets swirled around.
Super easy and yummy. Served it with toast and provolone on top (that's what I had on hand). My two year old lapped it up, will totes make this again!
This soup was a real winner in my household! Everyone loved it. It was simple and easy too, so extra points for that. I love letting my crock pot do the work for me. ;) I served mine in sourdough soup bowls, which I bought on impulse and needed to use. It was divine. This is definitely going on my permanent rotation... such a delicious and easy meal deserves to be made at least a couple of times per month!