1/1 Photo of Crock Pot French Onion Chicken
6 hrs 10 mins
Easy and tasty! I came up with this one morning from what was left in my pantry. Even I was surprised at how well it turned out! You may consider using broth instead of water or thickening the juice into gravy. Either way, it is delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut onions into large chunks (I halved mine) and place in the bottom of crock pot.
- 2It is best to use enough onions to form a single layer on the bottom of the pot.
- 3Add garlic cloves.
- 4Place chicken on top of onions and garlic.
- 5Dust chicken and onions with onion soup mix.
- 6Add water until chicken is 2/3 covered.
- 7Cook on low for 6-8 hours depending on size of crock pot.
- 8Mine took 6 hours in a 4qt pot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot French Onion Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (561 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 832.4
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 213.8 mg
- Sodium 2494.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 55.6 g