Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Easy and tasty! I came up with this one morning from what was left in my pantry. Even I was surprised at how well it turned out! You may consider using broth instead of water or thickening the juice into gravy. Either way, it is delicious!
- Cut onions into large chunks (I halved mine) and place in the bottom of crock pot.
- It is best to use enough onions to form a single layer on the bottom of the pot.
- Add garlic cloves.
- Place chicken on top of onions and garlic.
- Dust chicken and onions with onion soup mix.
- Add water until chicken is 2/3 covered.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours depending on size of crock pot.
- Mine took 6 hours in a 4qt pot.
Chicken turned out moist and delicious; husband actually asked if I bought it or made it! I thickened the sauce up with cornstarch but it was too bland, so next time I will definitely use chicken or beef broth in place of the water and possibly add a second package of dry onion soup mix.
Sad to say I was very disappointed in this recipe....extremely bland. If I make it again I will definately use beef broth and add some white wine to it to give it some flavor.