Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This was very good. I don't use soups much in recipes but this one was special
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless beef round steak
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 (6 ounce) package herb stuffing mix (15 minute)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut beef into 6 serving-size pieces.
- Layer half of the beef, mushrooms and onion in 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker; repeat layers.
- Pour soup over ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours or until beef is tender and no longer pink.
- Before serving, toss stuffing mix and contents of seasoning packet with melted margarine and 1/2 cup liquid from pot.
- Place stuffing on top of contents in slow cooker; cover.
- Increase heat to high setting.
- Cook 10 minutes or until stuffing is fluffy.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover.
- Cook until cheese is melted.