1/2 Photos of Crock Pot French-Ish Chicken & Barley
2 hrs 45 mins
A lovely assortment of yummy flavors started on the stove & finished in the crockpot so the flavors all mellllld together! p.s. If you eat the bacon bits, just cook up the other 1/2lb!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In heavy skillet, on low heat, cook diced bacon slowly until very crisp. Drain & set aside. Reserve 1/2c drippings!
- 2In a medium saucepan, bring 2c chicken broth & 1c barley to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer about 20 minutes until soft & liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- 3Season chicken thighs with salt & pepper. Fry in bacon fat, on medium low heat, skin side down, until very browned. Turn & cook 5 minutes longer. Set aside.
- 4Saute chopped leeks, carrots & celery in drippings. Add Herbs de Provence.
- 5Put sauteed vegetables into crock pot. Add cooked barley. Add 1c barley & stir. Place chicken on top.
- 6Cook on high 1 hours until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Add reserved crispy bacon, stir, cook another 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot French-Ish Chicken & Barley
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 779.5
- Calories from Fat 436
- Total Fat 48.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 157.0 mg
- Sodium 992.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 39.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence