Top Review by Braunda
This recipe is very good. I mixed the garlic in with the butter then spreaded it on the meat and sprinkled the seasonings on. That is the only change I did. I had everything on hand in my kitchen. Oh it was just so very good. Thank You
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup chopped cooking onion
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 hot chili peppers, finely chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 12 ounces linguine, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound the flank steak to about 1/2" (to help tenderize it).
- Spread 3 tbsp of butter on the steak and sprinkle with the thyme, sage, basil, garlic& season with salt and pepper.
- With the long side towards you roll up the steak (jelly roll style) and secure with skewers or toothpicks about 1" apart (Make sure it is secure).
- Heat olive oil in skillet and brown the outside of the steak, place steak in your crock pot.
- In the same skillet brown onions& mushrooms, when browned add tomatoes, tomato paste, chilies, soy sauce, sour cream, bay leaf& worcestershire sauce, mix well and pour over the steak in the crock pot.
- Turn to low and cook 5-6 hours; add half the parsley after 5 hours.
- Meanwhile cook the linguini so it will be ready in time to serve with the flank steak, drain the linguini, add 2 tbsp butter& remaining parsley; toss.
- Cut the Flank steak into 1" slices and put on individual plates along with the pasta, serve with sauce over the steak& the pasta.