A spicy dish to help warm-up chilly days.
Make and share this Crock Pot Fish Stew & Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 2 small potatoes (quartered and thinly sliced)
- 1 large carrot (quartered and sliced)
- 1⁄4 head cabbage (cut to bite size)
- 1⁄2 large onion (coarsely diced)
- 2 large fish fillets (cut to bite size)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered coriander
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (with sauce)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups bouillon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- cooked rice
- fresh parsley
- Place potatoes on the bottom of crock pot.
- Add carrot, cabbage, onion, fish, garlic, basil, thyme, cayenne, coriander, tomatoes, tomato paste, and stock.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 - 8 hours.
- One-half hour prior to serving stir in corn starch until reach desired consistency.
- Serve over rice and garnish with fresh parsley.