3 hrs 50 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
This is so good and easy to prepare in the crock pot. I got this recipe from a crockpotting blog and tweaked it to suit our tastes. Now I'm addicted to falafel. It's a middle eastern dish that is usually served in a pita with a cucumber/yogurt sauce but we prefer it wrapped in a corn tortilla with lettuce, tomatoes and a tangy ranch dressing. Even the kids eat this one up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Process the onion in a food processor until it's very finely chopped. (My family doesn't like onion chunks).
- 2Add the spices, egg, garlic and lemon juice. Process until mixed.
- 3Drain the beans and add to the food processor. Process with just a few pulses leaving some beans in chunks.
- 4Transfer bean mixture to a bowl and add bread crumbs. It will be wet and sticky so you can form it into balls.
- 5Pour the 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in the bottom of your crock pot.
- 6Form bean mixture into golf ball size balls and flatten slightly.
- 7Dip each side into the olive oil and nestle into the bottom of your crock pot. It's ok if they overlap or lay on top of each other.
- 8Cook on high for 3 1/2 hours or until golden brown.
- 9Layer into a pita or corn tortilla with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and tangy ranch dressing.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Falafel
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.9
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 1069.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 10.0 g